Monday, November 2, 2009

A Jumbled Mess

Sometimes my thoughts can be a jumbled mess.



Shocking, I know.

I feel that I should clarify some points from the first entry:

What I Intend To Do II: Electric Boogaloo

The goal of this project seems contradictory. I make declarative "I" statements, then turn around and talk about how nothing can get done without many people. So I need to define for myself what I want to accomplish.

1. Write a Script

I think this is most important. Sure, I am writing here. A whole two entries, Heavens! You know what's wrong with this format? I can throw in stuff like this:



Yes, I know. What the fuck was that?

Anyway.

I need a disciplined writing project, and I need it to be mine. So at the end of the day I can say I did this and can be judged accordingly. I need, at least in the beginning stages, it to succeed and fail based on my actions.


2. The Project Must Be Epic In Scope

This is the point I failed to properly emphasize: This needs to be HUGE

I want to write Transformers, film it with a Clerks budget, and have it get the respect of The Godfather. Lester Bangs said, via Cameron Crowe in Almost Famous, that rockstars were attempting to buy respectability in a format that was righteously dumb. I think that's a major problem with the huge sci fi epics; they know they don't get no respect and therefore do not try. What if The Blob had taken itself seriously?


No comments:

Post a Comment